Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fancy That! Gorman Farm

With this being the first week of school I've had a lot of responsibilities as both a mom and Vice President of my son's school's PTA, which has not left very much time for crafty projects.  Those that are in the "WIP" stage are nearly done, but not ready to post yet, and my dinners have been pretty ordinary.  As such, I'm starting a new segment called "Fancy That!"  This will basically be a shout-out to things/products/services/entertainment/whatever that I am currently crushing on. 

Let's kick off Fancy That! by giving love to Gorman Produce Farm in Laurel, MD.  Simply put, the food is delicious, the staff are knowledgeable and (more importantly in my book) don't give me dirty looks when my kids act like nutters when we pick up our weekly CSA order. 
My happy strawberry pickers!
Gorman Farm does Pick-Your-Own strawberries in late spring, a farm stand of local produce and other local foods (jams, pasta, honey, pies) during the summer and fall, and a CSA program that runs from the beginning of June through the beginning of November.  If you're local, I highly recommend you go check them out!

The CSA haul the first week
You can give them love on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment