Monday, August 26, 2013

Craft-o-Mania...or, I'm a Crazy Person.

A few weeks ago, a series of fortunate events led to me striking up a friendship with the mom of one of my son's kindergarten classmates.  She is also into knitting and mentioned an upcoming craft fair in November.  We decided to split a booth/table together to sell our wares or, as I like to think of it, fuel our craft habits.   Now that my son is back at school, I have a few hours in the day of quiet (so nice!) and I'm diligently at work on items for the fair.  My items are mainly beaded earrings, sewn clutch purses/wallets, and knit cowls.  I know it's kind of a crazy variety, but it fuels my crafting ADD.

I am waiting for a supply order for my jewelry, but in the meantime I thought I'd share a couple of one-offs I did while I was waiting, plus a new cowl.

Clearly I've got a red and gold thing going on with my jewelry right now...

You can't really tell in this picture, but there's a dark blue metallic thread that runs throughout this.

Cowl based on the Puckered Cable Stitch
Now, I'll be honest - I'm kind of nervous about this craft fair.  Partially because I have NO IDEA how many people will be attending, so I have no idea how much stuff to make.  Plus, there's the issue of pricing, which is always stressful.  Then, there is that nagging critical voice that keeps telling me my stuff isn't good/interesting enough.  I hate that voice.  I guess the worse case scenario is nobody buys anything (heartbreaking!) and my family & friends end up with handmade gifts.  

Have you done any craft fairs?  Have any insight or advice?  

No comments:

Post a Comment