Monday, September 9, 2013

Pinkie Pink Pink - Oh, look! I made a jacket.

It's finally done!  The last installment (for now) of Pinkie Pink Pink is complete.  Admittedly, it's not quite as pink as I thought it was, really more into the burgundy tones, but that's okay - let's just go with it, shall we? 

Here it is, my new fall jacket, made of some lovely floral print velveteen:



I used the Simplicity 2057 pattern, which is part of their Project Runway line.  I omitted all the "extras" - welts, epaulets, tabs, etc. - since my print was so busy.  I opted for the pleated sleeves, which definitely give a nod to the 1940s.  Some people might say it's too much, but I disagree.  It is lined in an ivory flannel backed satin, which is so lovely.

Facing & lining.


The pattern itself was not very difficult, but cutting out the pieces took FOR-EV-ER!  At least a couple of hours.  I looked at the pattern reviews before starting this and while a couple of people suggested reducing the depth of the armholes, I didn't find a problem with the way they were on the original pattern. 

The back



I really couldn't be happier with this, and I anticipate getting a lot of use out of it.  Once the weather decides to cooperate, that is.  It's forecast to be 90 degrees for the next few days. C'mon autumn, get with the program!

See the shorts?  Clearly it isn't yet jacket weather.

Next garment up is the #fallforcotton dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment